Did you Know?
- Shelf life of honey: no expiration. Honey never spoils if stored away from moisture.
- Honey has superior antiseptic, antibacterial and general antimicrobial properties. Use honey in place of antibacterial creams and ointments on wounds. It particularly excels as a burn treatment.
- A hive of bees will fly 90,000 miles, the equivalent of three orbits around the earth to collect 1 kg of honey.
- A worker bee will produce about 1/12th of a teaspoon of honey in her lifetime!
- Honey is the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and water; and it’s the only food that contains “pinocembrin”, an antioxidant associated with improved brain functioning.
- Crystallization does not affect the quality and nutritional value of honey.
- According to the Hibernation Diet, honey is the best fuel for burning fats while we sleep.